Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Kickball Experiment

I haven't played kickball since I was about ten years old. We had a huge backyard and the kids from next door would come over and we'd play some serious kickball. I was never an athletic child. It's possible I may be the clumsiest human on earth. So why do I look back on this sport with such fond memories?

WAKA_Kickball_2010-254c
My friend Julie posted something on Facebook about an adult kickball league playing in Piedmont Park this fall. I can't explain the excitement I felt. I signed up immediately. We'll play in Piedmont Park and then meet for adult beverages and conversation at a nearby restaurant.

It turns out there are all sorts of teams and they let you know which ones are more sporty or competitive and which ones are more social and good times. I picked a social team.

I'm really excited to do something this fall with new people and do it at one of my favorite parks. Part of the registration money goes back to the park so that's even better.

If you'd like to try your kickball skills there's a website for the World Adult Kickball Association. You can see if there's a league near you. I'm looking forward to channeling my inner child. Tell me this doesn't look fun!

WAKA_Kickball_2010-091c

I know they're coming up with theme nights and I can't want to see what everyone wears. I'll post more pictures of my own once the season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment