Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Smoked Salmon Scramble Recipe

Update: As of today I've lost 17.6 lbs on the Angry Wench Diet! Tomorrow it will be one month since I started the diet. I started it as a rush way to fit into a cocktail dress. I've tweaked it to be less radical but it's still annoying.

I've found the best way to stay on track with my diet is to avoid eating nasty and bland food. I try to liven it up with minimal calories and by adding good stuff with lots of flavor that works within my hair brained diet plan. 

For breakfast I will start with a 1/2 cup of Egg Beaters (I used the Publix brand today) and add a few fun things.


Busted...I am totally eating this off of a paper plate. Fancy, no?

Today's breakfast included:

Smoked Salmon Scramble

1/2 c Egg Beaters (or store brand...I really can't tell the difference)
1/2 tsp capers
1 tsp of diced sun dried tomato
1 tbsp of green onion
2 tbsp of chopped smoked salmon
Pinch of dill
Pinch of seasoning salt
A few good shakes of black pepper


Combine ingredients except for smoked salon, pour into pan sprayed with vegetable spray and cook over medium low heat until it's almost done. Add smoked salmon into egg mixture the last 1-2 minutes and stir to combine.

This recipe is less than 250 calories. I'm showing 170 on My Fitness Pal and I factored in 2oz of salmon.

The smoked salmon gives it a nice flavor. The combination is a lot like other breakfast dishes but without the English muffins, hollandaise and other badness that won't fly on the diet. Who doesn't love the combo of smoked salmon, capers and onion? 

 Penzey's has a seasoning called Northwoods and I added a few shakes to my eggs. Good stuff. If you get their catalog you'll spend an hour dog earring pages. Don't say you weren't warned. They have a store in Atlanta and hubs breaks into a cold sweat whenever I pull into the parking lot. Most of their spices start at about $4-5 dollars and I find 10-15 jars to buy almost every time. 

I'd also like to mention that Egg Beaters travels a lot easier than eggs. These ingredients are portable enough to stash in a cooler and take on getaways, stays with efficiency kitchens, etc. You can even premix everything and put it into baggies or storage containers. If you don't know the trick about making an omelet in a ziploc bag let me know and I'll explain the process. Because the salmon is smoked you don't have to fret as much over it as you would raw fish.





No comments:

Post a Comment