Monday, September 10, 2012

Jalapeno Tuna Pasta Salad with Corn

Oh Happy Day!

I found some jalapeno tuna in the grocery store and couldn't resist buying it. Tuna...with flavor...
Sign.
Me.
Up.

I took a taste right out of the can and WOW! Talk about a kick!

So I added a can of Mexicorn. Who doesn't have a can of Mexicorn for that recipe you can never remember?


And then I cooked up a little farfalle pasta (that's bow tie) ...

and combined it with a little mayo. 
I ended up with a great little pasta salad that only took 15 minutes to throw together with stuff I had in the pantry. 

(Yeah...I'm out of everything but I'm not going to the grocery store until this weekend when I have my muscle around to carry everything.)

I was just tossing things together and never bothered to take a picture. Sorry. Here's the recipe. Don't be scared if you think it's too hot. Just put your pasta salad and chill overnight and the flavors really mellow to become mild. I had some for lunch the next day and the flavors were very mellow and not as hot. If you like it with a kick, serve it straight up or just chill for a 20 minutes to let everything combine.

Jalapeno Tuna and Pasta Salad with Corn

1 Can on Jalapeno Tuna, drained
1 Can of Mexicorn, drained
1- 1 1/2 cup of bow tie or other small pasta
2 tbsp of Mayonnaise

Cook the pasta as directed in salted water, drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. While it's boiling... Pour tuna into a medium bowl and use a fork to break up large pieces. Add Mexicorn and mayonnaise and stir to combine. Add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment